Much More Than Parts and Components.
SmartLibrary is software developed for Creo that automates all aspects of library component usage, creation and modification. Much more than a mere library of Creo parts and components, SmartLibrary allows you to design up to 10 times faster and eliminate such common design errors as hole misalignments and screw/thread mismatches. In addition SmartLibrary provides a wizard to help you develop, customize and deploy new library parts, assemblies and GUI’s, quickly and easily.
SmartLibrary includes powerful and customizable pre-built libraries such as screws, bolts and dowel pins. Each component is equipped with a “quick-preview” GUI that allows the user to customize details such as counterbores, component length, thread depth, and washers and nuts, as well as to see a dynamic x-sectional view of the component and neighboring parts.
Library management and BOM functionality is also incorporated into SmartLibrary. Unlike other "library management products", SmartLibrary is a knowledge-based system, easily expandable, so you can quickly add your custom standard components.
- Automatic creation of all necessary holes, threads and clearance cuts as
well as assembly of associated hardware (washers, nuts, etc.) upon library component placement
- Automated component selection/placement
- “Quick-preview” GUI dynamically updates to represent scaled x-sectional view of the library component in assembly before placement
- Standard screws, bolts, nuts, washers, lock washers, dowel pins, lift rings, etc. are provided
- Fast and easy custom components: “on-the-fly” modifications, modify existing standard component info tables, or creation of entirely new component assemblies using a wizard
- Automatically add several parameters to individual parts, or all parts in an assembly with one mouse pick
- Functionality provided to automatically create, export and easily customize your BOM in assembly mode including removal of components, sorting, and removal of components from the BOM list
- Fully compatible with SmartHolechart for powerful automatic holechart creation and customization
- Simple to install, easy to use
How It Works
- Search for components graphically or by parameter info
- Component automatically assembled on points, csys or mouse click
- Includes definition of assembly references
- Permits setting of default layers for features and threads
- Provides definition of clearance cut geometry using surfaces
- For standard SmartLibrary components, all holes, threads and clearance cuts are created at the part level using appropriate Pro/ENGINEER features (i.e. “hole” features)
- LibraryWizard allows easy creation of any new component, with its own GUI and image
- Speed - faster initial design and faster changes – up to 10 times faster than using standard component libraries because clearance cuts, holes and threads are automatically created
- LibraryWizard allows even novices to develop/deploy new library components quickly and easily
- Eliminates errors such as misaligned holes and mismatched screw/thread combinations since clearance cuts, holes and threads are associated to library component
- Eliminate repetitive tasks such as creating holes, threads and counterbores for screws
- Promotes standardization of not only components and assemblies, but also clearance cuts, holes and thread information
- Faster regeneration times because Creo features are part level features
- Eliminate misaligned or undersized holes - ensures that proper holes, threads and clearance cuts have been created for the particular component being placed
- Faster drawing creation – because hole dims can be shown automatically – location is only thing controlled at assembly level (top down)
- Tutorial examples provided with software ensure short learning curve.